Saturday, September 6

The End of an Era

So, I guess it has been quite some time since some serious posting has occured on the beloved Turkey Pitt blog. Towards the end of our time in the Turkey Pitt, we were pretty busy. Gary was finishing up his MSA, I was working for McAllisters then not working for McAllisters and then working for McAllisters once more. Brashley and Katherine moved out in July. Gary went missing for most of July, and he was reportedly seen in Europe, Ohio, and Virginia Beach all in the same week! I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it meant I was left alone. As I look back to when I was looking back during my last week in the Pitt, I realized I was the first one to move in WAAAAAY back in 2005, and I was the last to move out in 2008. The Turkey Pitt had more than it's share of good times (mohawks, 80's dance parties, Blue 42), and it also had more than it's share of bad times (The Ho-Train, full frontal male nudity, Blue 42), just to name a few. Gary has purchased cyberspace rights to the turkeypitt.com, which hopefully will be up and running soon to act as a more permenant reminder of the best apartment at JMU during those 3 long years. So, as I wrap up my final ever official Turkey Pitt Blog post, I woud like to leave everyone with this quote that in my opinion, represents the Turkey Pitt to the fullest:

"Don't need nothin' but a good time
How can I resist
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time
And it don't get better than this"
~Poison

No comments: